Here is an infographic illustrating the way to do CPR (Cardiopulmonary resuscitation) on a child, Adult or an animal. We all say we know how to do it, but when was the last time you actually did? Do you remember the steps?
This infographic by Carrington, gives you a reference to follow if you ever need it. You can download the infographic onto your device (mobile or tablet) and keep it safely with your pictures in case you ever need to use it.
Just remember the steps as it could save a life.
1. Call someone for help (South Africa national emergency number – 10111)
2. Check the victim for unresponsiveness. If the person is not responsive and not breathing or not breathing normally.
3. PUMP: If the victim is still not breathing normally, coughing or moving, begin chest compressions. Push down in the center of the chest at the sternum (just below the nipple line) 30 times. Pump hard and fast at the rate of at least 100/minute, faster than once per second.
4. BLOW: Tilt the head back and lift the chin. Pinch nose and cover the mouth with yours and blow until you see the chest rise. Give 2 breaths. Each breath should take 1 second.
5. CONTINUE WITH 30 PUMPS AND 2 BREATHS UNTIL HELP ARRIVES
NOTE: This ratio is the same for one-person & two-person CPR. In two-person CPR the person pumping the chest stops while the other gives mouth-to-mouth breathing.
Cabs feels that everyone that drives a car should be informed on how to do CPR. This post is just an example of how to and cabs take no liability for the act.