CABS Car Hire Competition Rules
1. This Competition is organised by AAD (PTY) Ltd t/a Cabs Car Hire (herein after referred to as “the Promoter”).
2. By entering the Competition, all participants and winners agree to be bound by the rules set out below.
3. The Competition is open to permanent residents of South Africa and international visitors, except any person who is at the date of publication hereof:
3.1 A director, member, partner, employee, agent or consultant to the Promoter (or any of its subsidiaries or holding companies) or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the Promoter;
3.2 A spouse, life partner, immediate family member (including but not limited to parent, child, brother or sister), business partner or associate of any of the persons specified in 3.1 above;
3.3 A supplier of goods or services which is the prize under this Competition or any of its subsidiaries or holding companies;
3.4 A director, member, partner, employee, agent of or consultant to, spouse, life partner, immediate family member (including but not limited to parent, child, brother or sister), business partner or associate of any of the persons specified in 3.3 above;
3.5 A marketing service provider of this Competition;
3.6 Under the age of 23 years.
4. The Competition start date is 31st March 2015 and ends on 27th April 2015.
5. To be entered into the competition, entrants will need to “Like” Cabs Car Hire Facebook page.
6. The prize in the Competition is a complimentary week car rental (7 days) from any of our branches within South Africa in a Group A or B or C1 vehicle as per our listed schedule . The prize is valid for six months from the issued date of the prize winner’s letter. The prize includes time, mileage and waivers. The prize includes unlimited kms per day. The driver must be over 23 years of age and be in possession of a valid driver’s license for 3 years or longer. The driver must have a valid credit card which must be presented at time of collection of the
vehicle for any additional service charges that may be incurred. This includes the responsibility amount in the event of an accident or the vehicle being stolen. The rental excludes the contract fee, fuel and any other additional charges that may be applicable. All requests are subject to availability. The prize is transferable. A refundable deposit (or part thereof) of R5000.00 applies to all rentals.
7. The winner needs to have a valid driver’s license.
8. The winner will be announced on the Cabs Car Hire Facebook page within 7 days after the competition has ended.
9. The winner will be chosen by way of random draw. The draw will take place 5 days after the competition has ended.
10. The prize winner will be notified on Facebook as well as via e-mail and / or SMS and / or telephone. The potential winner may be required to provide a copy of his / her identity document to a representative of the Promoter for the purposes of verifying his / her identity and thereby consents to the processing of his / her personal information and storing of such information on the Promoter’s database. The Promoter undertakes not to disclose any of the prize winner’s personal information other than for the declared purpose, unless required to do so by a court of law or under any applicable legislation.
11. A potential prize winner is not an actual winner until his / her submission is validated and his / her documents are completed and submitted to the Promoter. Should the winner be found not to have complied with these rules, he / she will be automatically disqualified and forfeit the prize, and selection of a replacement winner shall take place and shall be selected in the same manner as the first winner was chosen.
12. All participants and winners, as the case may be, indemnify the Promoter, its holding companies and subsidiaries including their directors, employees, members, independent contractors, agents, consultants, sub-contractors and representatives) against any and all loss / damages that may be sustained directly / indirectly arising out of / pursuant to this Competition or resulting from the acceptance of and / or possession of and / or use of the prizes on offer, including but not limited to loss / damages arising out of / pursuant to personal injury, death, property damage and claims based on publicity rights, defamation and / or invasion of privacy unless due to the negligence of the Promoter.
13. If the Promoter is unable to reach any person within 24 hours of drawing his / her entry for whatsoever reason, such person will be disqualified and selection of a replacement winner shall take place and shall be selected in the same manner as the first winner was chosen.
14. Following successful notification, the Promoter will provide the winner with a letter of confirmation via email indicating the details for redeeming the prize.
15. The prize is transferable. No substitution, cash redemption, or assignment of the prize is permitted and the Promoter is not liable for any defect in the prize. The Promoter of the Competition reserves the right to substitute the prize with any other prize of comparable or greater commercial value for any reason.
16. The Promoter may require the winner to be identified, photographed and published in printed media or to participate in any marketing activities or be present when the draw takes place or when the winner is announced. The winner will be given the opportunity to decline the publication of his / her image and participation in the Promoter’s marketing material in so far as it relates to the Competition.
17. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.