As an experienced and long-standing car hire company in South Africa, CABS is proud of the reputation that we have built over the past two decades. Our core services include quality rentals and chauffeur services, with value-added services, also offered to clients who are travelling within Southern Africa.
A commitment to excellence is just part of what makes CABS one of South Africa’s most trusted car rental companies. But our dedication does not stop there. We also believe in creating opportunities for growth, for our employees and the communities we operate within.
CABS Car Hire was established in 1990 as a Close Corporation. Then became a Private Company in 2007 after converting to CABS Car Hire (Pty) Ltd, (CABS) – a subsidiary of AAD (Pty) Ltd. (Reg No. 1995/002686/07 Vat No. 4030150082). CABS is the largest independent car hire company in South Africa, with a head office in Cape Town with branches in Port Elizabeth, Durban and Johannesburg.
We supply both National and Local Government on a Tender Basis. We currently supply the “Government Garage” in the Western Cape, the Department of Foreign Affairs and the Department of Justice, amongst others.
We have had a long and valued supplier relationship with the Cape Town City Council and Statistics South Africa. When required, we provide vehicles to the Embassy of the United States of America, serving US Consultants countrywide. We have been privileged to have been selected for transporting Presidents Bill Clinton and George Bush during their visits to South Africa.
Also included amongst the world leaders that we have had the privilege of transporting, is the Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin, previous US President Barack Obama and United Nations dignitary Kofi Annan.
Directors of CABS Car Hire
R.W.Szymonowicz, D.W. May (Managing Director), M.B.Rosewitz, J. Lachenicht, J. Haresnape
CABS is a 30% owned BEE company owned by AAD (Pty) Ltd., and Dave May.
Affirmative Action Policy
We embrace the concept of Black Economic Empowerment (BEE). The staff at CABS are empowered to advance themselves through training and educational means. We currently have people across previously disadvantaged race groups holding senior positions, from branch managers to accounts and Workshop Managers. We are fully BEE compliant in accordance with the Codes of Good Practice issued under Section 9(1) of the Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment Act No 53 of 2003. View our BEE Certificate here.
- We supply free housing for one of our underprivileged staff members at present.
- Older cars are sold to qualified staff members who have completed at least two years’ service) at a nominal, interest-free price.
- We support the non-profit help organisation Boys Town with monthly donations.
- We take an active interest in both the financial and physical well-being of approximately 70 orphaned children at the Sukhumzi Children’s Home in Mfuleni. All vehicles at the centre are maintained by CABS; as is their computer and other equipment. (acknowledgment of funds received from Sukhumzi Children’s home)
- A monthly donation sponsorship is provided to the Robin Good Initiative – a feeding programme for disadvantaged children run by Neil Gibbs of the Sun Valley Ministry.
- Tax Clearance Certificate
- Letter of Good Standing
- CABS VAT Information
- View our BEE Certificate
- BEE Information
- Durban Chamber of Commerce Certificate
To learn more about our car hire company in South Africa or get a quote on rentals across South Africa, contact CABS today.